Monday, January 12, 2009

Project Runway Repurposed

So I signed up to do this Project Runway Repurposed thing at the Howell Opera House last week. I'm pretty geeked about it. If you're not familiar with these things, this is how it goes: sign up, pick through donated clothes, combine said clothes into new article(s), have fashion show, people bid on clothes, everyone hopes to not be the one person who gets no bids, money goes to charity. It seemed so simple at first until I remembered that I'll have to actually make a new article of clothing- something I've never done before- with limited sewing abilities. So here are the articles of clothing that I picked out:



That's it all piled up. And my toes.

I have visions of ruffles and giant flower pins.




The awesomeness of the fabric in this dress spoke to me...



So I reduced it to the sum of it's parts.



So far that's all I've got done. Supposedly I should already have my design finalized and be in the construction stage. Ha! Funny. My sewing skills have proven to be their best at 2 am the day before something should be done. So I'm going to trust in my consistency and hope for the best. Woo ruffles!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your stuff there, and I meant to come up to you and tell you that I loved your shirt. I also participated in this. My outfit was the one that was 40's inspired and had the pencil skirt with the ruffle shirt and the wide belt.

    ReplyDelete